Libros en exoticindia.es
- A Vedic Reader for Students
- Adhyatma Ramayana (Sanskrit Text with Transliteration, English Commentary Alongwith Explanatory Notes, Relevant Appendices etc.) (In Two Volumes)
- Agni – The Vedic Ritual of the Fire Altar (Set of 2 Big Volumes with Two CDs)
- Ajanta - Monumental Legacy
- An Introduction to Indian Philosophy
- Apologetic Brahma Seeks Pardon from Krishna (From ...
- Arthaveda Ka Subodh Bhashya (Part Second - Kanda: 4 to 6): Sanskrit Text and Hindi Translation
- Arthaveda Ka Subodh Bhashya (Part Third - Kanda: 7 to 10): Sanskrit Text and Hindi Translation
- Beloved of the Gods (A Story of Ashoka the Great)
- Brahmavidya Abhyasa (Sure Way to The Inner Self)
- Buddhism In Comparative Light
- Buddhism in South India
- Dharmakosa - Rajanitikanda (Sanskrit Only in Six Volumes): The Most Voluminous Encyclopedia on the Ideals of Indian Politics
- Discovery of Truth Immortality
- Discover Vedic Mathematics
- Divine Messengers of Our Time The Doctrine of Recognition (Pratyabhijna Philosophy): A Rare Book
- Ganesa (Ganesha) In Medieval Nepal
- God Word Volume II - Sri Ganapati Sachchidananda Swamiji
- God Word Volume III - Sri Ganapati Sachchidananda Swamiji
- Great Saints of South India
- Guru Arjan Dev
- Illustrated History of India
- In the Mirror of Memory (Reflections on Mindfulness and remembrance in Indian and Tibetan Buddhism)
- Kalpa-Vedanga: Origin And Development
- Kathakali The Sacred Dance Drama of Malabar
- Kishkindhaa-Kaanda (Descent Four) Shree Raamachari...
- Sachitra Arati Sangraha (Text in Roman): Illustrated Throughout in Color
- Samaveda: (Sanskrit Text and Hindi Translation)
- Seven Hundred Sayings of Sachchidananda
- Shiva and Shakti in Indian Mythology
- Shiva Shakti Aaraadhanaa (Worship of Shiva and Shakti): With Roman Transliteration
- Shree Hanumaana Baahuka (With Aaratee, Sankatamochana Hanumaanaashtaka and Bajaranga Baana): Original Text, Transliteration and Translation
- Shree Satyanaaraayana Vrat Kathaa (In English & Hindi)
- Sivastotravali of Utpaladeva
- Sri Bhagavatarka Marici-Mala (A Garland of Rays from the Sunlike Srimad Bhagavatam): Transliterated Text with English Translation
- Sri Ganapati Sachchidananda Swamiji – A Glimpse (With Audio CD)
- Sri Tantralokah (Volume Three): Sanskrit Text
- Srimad Bhagavatam – Sarartha Darsini Commentary by...
- Srimannarayaneeyam with English Version of Bhaktarnjini Malayalam Commentary (In Three Volumes)
- Srimad Valmiki-Ramayana (With Sanskrit Text and English Translation) (Two Volumes)
- Studies in Indian Sculpture (Regional Genres and I...
- Sundara-Kaanda (Original Text, its Romanization En...
- Super Science of Yoga
- Teaching Tradition of Advaita Vedanta
- Temples of Trssoor District (Kerala): A Rare Book
- Temples of Palakkad District (A Big Book)
- The Early Cultural Relations of India and Iran
- The Eighty-Four Hymns of Hita Harivamsa – An Editi...
- The Goddess of Prosperity - Lakshmi
- The Himalayas and The Himalayans: A Rare Book
- The Holy Cow and Other Indian Stories
- The Krsnagiti of Manaveda (Sanskrit Text with English Translation): A Rare Book
- The Mandukya Upanisad And The Agama Sastra: An Investigation Into the Meaning of The Vedanta
- The Naradasmrti
- The Painted Towns of Shekhawati
- The Puspasutra – A Pratisakhya of the Samaveda (In Two Volumes): Sanskrit Text with English Translation
- The Ramayana
- The Ramayana of Tulsidas (Text with English Translation in Verse)
- The Splendour of the Supreme Mother: Devi Bhagavatam (A Compact Condensed Prose Narrative)
- The Srimad Devi Bhagavatam 2 parts (bd.in 1)
- The Taittiriya Upanishad: With the Commentaries of Sri Sankaracarya, Sri Suresvaracarya and Sri Vidyaranya
- The Temple Architecture of India
- The Treasury of Good Sayings (A Tibetan History of Bon)
- Vedic Physics – Towards Unification of Quantum Mechanics & General Relativity
- Vishvavallabha (Dear to the World: The Science of Plant Life)
- Visvamitra In Vedic And Post Vedic Literature (A Rare Book)
- World Heritage Series – Mahabalipuram
- Purana Purusha - Yogiraj Sri Shama Churn Lahiree
- World Heritage Series – Old Goa
- The Brahmanda Purana: 5 Volumes (Ancient Indian Tradition & Mythology Volume-22-26)
- BRAHMA PURANA: 4 Parts (Ancient Indian Tradition a...
- The Ganesa Purana (Sanskrit Only)
- THE GARUDA-PURANA: 3 Volumes (Ancient Indian Tradition and Mythology)
- THE PADMA PURANA (English Translation in Ten Volu...
- The Siva (Shiva) Purana (English Translation) 4 Vo...
- The Skanda-Purana: (English Translation in 22 Volumes)
- THE VARAHA PURANA: 2 Parts (Ancient Indian Tradition and Mythology Series, Vol. 31-32)
- THE VAYU PURANA: 2 Parts (Ancient Indian Tradition & Mythology Vol. 37-38)
- The Visnu (Vishnu) Purana: A System of Hindu Mytho...
The Philosophy of the Vedanta and the Vedantasara
Código del Artículo: NAC043
por Paul DeussenPaperback (Edición: 2007)
Rupa. & Co
Tamaño: 8.0 inch X 5.3 inch
Weight of the Book: 170 gms
Precio: Euro 11.43
Born 7 January 1845, at Oberdreis near Coblenz: son of Adam Deussen, pastor; educated at Schulpforta near Naumburg: studied at Bonn, Tubingen and Berlin: Sanskrit under Lassen and Gildemeister, classical philology, theology: Phil. Dr. at Marburg, 1869: teacher at the Gymnasiums at Minden and Marburg, 1869—72, and tutor in Russian families at Geneva, Aix-la Chappelle, and Terny in Russia, 1872—80: taught philosophy (the subject to which he was chiefly devoted) and Sanskrit, as Privat-docent at the University of Geneva: and philosophy at the Polytechnical School at Aix-la Chappelle, 1875—9. While at Geneva, his resolution was made to devote his life to the study of Indian philosophy (1873). Since his return from Russia and residence in Berlin, from 1881 to 1889, this has been his main work: taught philosophy at Berlin University, first as Privat-docent then as Professor; since 1889, Ordinary Professor of Philosophy at the University of Kiel; has travelled much in various parts of the world: over the greater part of India, 1892—3. In 1904, the Order of the Red Eagle, 4th Class, was conferred upon him. Among his chief works may be mentioned: Das System des Vedanta, 1883: Die Sutras des Vedanta, 1887: On the Philosophy of the Vedanta in its relations to Occidental Metaphysics, Bombay, 1893; Sechzig Upanishads des Veda, 1897: Geschichte der Philosophy (I and II on the Vedic Hymns and Upanishads: III—VI in preparation), 1894, 1899: ‘Outlines of Indian Philosophy,’ in the Indian Antiquary, 1902: Erinnerungen an Indian, 1904.
The first two papers by Deussen, published in this volume, appeared in the Indian Antiquary, 1902, and was reprinted in 1907 in a little volume entitled ‘Outlines of Indian Philosophy’ with an appendix, “On the Philosophy of the Vedanta in its relations to Occidental Metaphysics.” The appendix was originally an address delivered before the Bombay Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society in February 1893.
The concluding treatise, the Vedantasara of Sadananda Yogendra, translated with annotations by G .A. Jacob, was first published in 1881 in the Trubner’s Oriental Series as A Manual of Hindu Pantheism.
The text of the Vedantasara which the author used is that published in Calcutta in 1875 by Pandit Jivananda Vidyasagar, with the commentary of Nrisinhasaraswati.
Back of the Book
Known as the oldest philosophical texts of the world, the Vedas have always aroused much scholarly curiosity. Several thinkers have sought to prise open the hidden meaning(s) within the Vedas with the help of the Upanishads and decode them.
Venerated philosophy scholar Paul Deussen, influenced by Schopenhauer’s metaphysics pursued the study of Indian philosophy for thirty-five years. Following in the path of Max Mueller, he was and still is acknowledged by all Sanskrit scholars, including R.D. Ranade, as an unmatched translator and interpreter of the Upanishads. And although he found the Advaitic principles to be of the greatest value to mankind, he objectively examined the conflicts within Sankara’s thought in his works. The Philosophy of the Vedanta and the Vedantasara is one such rigorous study of the Vedantic with respect to its innate problems and contradictions.
‘…the Veda, in the great formula “That art Thou” – tat tvam asi – [which] gives in three words the combined sum of metaphysics and morals. You shall love your neighbour as yourselves because you are your neighbour.’
Using the premises of Plator and Kant to solves the fundamental problem of causality posed to the Advaita Vedanta, Deussen paved the way for the dialogue between Indian and western philosophy. In this book, each verse of Sadananda Yogendra’s Vedantasara has been systematically analysed and provided with important critical notes. The Sanskrit verses have also been given in their original script.
Other relevant works of Deussen are The Philosophy of the Upanishads, System of the Vedanta and Sixty Upanishads of the Veda.
|Importance of Indian Philosophy||1|
|First Period: Philosophy of the Rigveda||4|
|Second Period: Philosophy of the Upanishads||15|
|Third Period: Post-Vedic Philosophy||25|
TABLA - FUENTES - FONTS
- inbenr11.ttf - 64 KB
- inbeno11.ttf - 12 KB
- inbeni11.ttf - 12 KB
- inbenb11.ttf - 66 KB
- indevr20.ttf - 53 KB
Disculpen las Molestias
Aa-Anc · Aga - Ahy · Ai - Akshay · Akshe - Amshum · Ana - Ancie · Ang - Asvayu · Ata - Az · Baa-Baz · Be-Bhak · Bhal-Bu · C · Daa-Daz · De · Dha-Dry · Du-Dy · E · F · Gaa-Gayu · Ge-Gy · Ha-He · Hi-Hy · I · J · K · Ka - Kam · Kan - Khatu · Ki - Ko · Kr - Ku · L · M · N · O · P · R · S · Saa-San · Sap-Shy · Si-Sy · Ta - Te · U · V · Ve-Vy · Y · Z
Aa-Ag · Ah-Am · Ana-Anc · And-Anu · Ap-Ar · As-Ax · Ay-Az · Baa-Baq · Bar-Baz · Be-Bhak · Bhal-Bhy · Bo-Bu · Bra · Brh-Bry · Bu-Bz · Caa-Caq · Car-Cay · Ce-Cha · Che-Chi · Cho-Chu · Ci-Cn · Co-Cy · Daa-Dan · Dar-Day · De · Dha-Dny · Do-Dy · Ea-Eo · Ep-Ez · Faa-Fy · Gaa-Gaq · Gar-Gaz · Ge-Gn · Go · Gra-Gy · Haa-Haq · Har-Haz · He-Hindk · Hindu-Histo · Ho-Hy · Ia-Iq · Ir-Is · It-Iy · Jaa-Jaq · Jar-Jay · Je-Jn · Jo-Jy · Kaa-Kaq · Kar-Kaz · Ke-Kh · Ko · Kr · Ku - Kz · Laa-Laq · Lar-Lay · Le-Ln · Lo-Ly · Maa-Mag · Mah · Mai-Maj · Mak-Maq · Mar-Maz · Mb-Mn · Mo-Mz · Naa-Naq · Nar-Naz · Nb-Nn · No-Nz · Oa-Oz · Paa-Paq · Par-Paz · Pe-Ph · Po-Py · Raa-Raq · Rar-Raz · Re-Rn · Ro-Ry · Saa-Sam · San-Sar · Sas-Sg · Sha-Shy · Sia-Sil · Sim-Sn · So - Sq · Sr - St · Su-Sz · Taa-Taq · Tar-Tay · Te-Tn · To-Ty · Ua-Uq · Ur-Us · Vaa-Vaq · Var-Vaz · Ve · Vi-Vn · Vo-Vy · Waa-Wi · Wo-Wy · Yaa-Yav · Ye-Yiy · Yo-Yu · Zaa-Zy